Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Movies I Like

The movies I like are the movies that make me think. Inevitably, I turn to independent/foreign (which is ironic because 2/3 of what I watch are foreign - even Hollywood films are foreign to me)/artistic films.

Poverty. World peace. Sprituality. Human nature. Everyday life. Love. Hate. Whatever the subject may be, when I watch movies, I want to actively engage in the dialogue - which is in the form of music, acting, cinematography, and scenario. I criticize, argue, get angry, and be amused by them. Rarely do I think about those when I watch the movies made solely for entertainment without sophistication.

Nontheless, there are times my brain refuse to think. That's why my favorate movie list includes action movies that entertain my senses. ...I stay far away from comedies and romantic comedies and horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment